PRIORITIES FOR OUR COUNCIL
- Better Council services delivered from a local perspective better parks, community facilities and local roads
- More Say in your Council with residents helping to set Council’s priorities through consultation
- An open and honest Council with fewer secret meetings and more decision making taking place in the open
- We must protect and enhance the environment
- We must take real action on climate change
- We must protect and value our wildlife
PLANS FOR A BETTER MORETON BAY REGION
UNITE THE REGION
- Better representation and communication with all parts of the region.
- Ensuring the whole region is properly considered when it comes to infrastructure and services.
SET A VISION FOR THE FUTURE
- A comprehensive review of council’s operation
- Identifying what is being done well, what can be done better, and how we can deliver the best value for ratepayers.
- Introducing better communication and transparency.
BACK TO COUNCIL BASICS – ROADS, RATES & RUBBISH
- Get a clear picture of what infrastructure and services are required across the region.
- Develop a strategy to prioritise, fund and deliver the infrastructure and services.
- Stop unnecessary rate increases.
- Provide value for ratepayers in delivering council services.
GROW AND NURTURE THE LOCAL ECONOMY
- Make it easier for people to do business in the region
- Support local business and workers with a greater weighting to local contracts and tenders.
- Create training and career opportunities.